Hello, there!👋 A software dev here
Hi, my name is Chen Yumin. I'm a Chinese software developer living in Ireland.
I always had one dream since I’ve been a little boy. Being able to code my own software programs, living a life where I’d actually change people’s ways of living as they’d be using my software, enjoying an extravagant experience, designed by me.
Where I started 🚀 and where I am now
At SEO/SEM team, solving for Groupon's search engine optimization and marketing.
At Flywheel Partners team, solving for HubSpot agencies and service providers.
- Main contributor of the frontend UI development of the Platform Engagement Index feature.
- Owner of the UI development of Partner Employees Client Tagging v1, and launched the initial read-only version on June 8th, 2020.
- Participated in the development of Partner Service Agreement to digitize the manually-signed Rider Letter.
aws cloud-computing java linux ruby python
At Amazon Web Services (AWS) CloudWatch team, responsible for the metrics API of the Monitoring service.
- Region build owner: Built out CloudWatch in Paris, Tokyo and Stockholm AWS regions.
- Optimized and maintained the automation tools for region builds. Automated the creation of SSL certificates and other resources to reduce the involved human efforts per region.
- Built out the Interface Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) endpoints for CloudWatch in 14 AWS regions to support AWS PrivateLink, and optimized the build process with automation scripts. (See related AWS blog post)
- Operational owner: OS security patching, SSL cert renewal, hardware provisioning, etc.
May 2016 – Aug 2016: Worked full-time in Galway office;
Sep 2016 – May 2017: Worked part-time remotely from home, while finishing BSc CS degree.
- In charge of the development of the cross-platform hybrid mobile Alison app.
- Participated in the development of the Laravel-based backend.
- Assisted in the frontend UI development of the online courses Publishing platform.
java android arduino python linux
GPA 85.91% (Distinction) NFQ Level 7
- Coursework: Computer Systems Administration, Data Communications & Networks, Mobile Computing, Software Development, Digital Signal Processing, Mathematics.
- Dual degree 2+2 program with East China University of Technology (ECUT) in Nanchang, China, where I studied from Sep 2013 to May 2015 for the first 2 years of my undergraduate degree.
I write about 📝 All things dev
Ever wondered how the function
toUpperCase is implemented in lower level? Would it be possible for you to implement this method yourself without using any libraries?
Remember Wally from Martin Handford’s children book series Where’s Wally? When you were a kid, you probably spent plenty of time trying to find Wally in those illustrations. Now as an adult, we can write a simple MATLAB program that can automatically find Wally for us!
When you see an image file, do you just see, – the visual image it represents? Or is it possible that there’s much more to it? Maybe there’s some secret hidden in the image that you don’t know?
The Web has evolved drastically in the past few years. The recent Ajax revolution has brought more asynchronous behaviors to our web applications, and the idea of Reactive Programming has thus came along to help manage and scale our applications. Programming with asynchronous data streams makes it much easier to build event-driven, resilient and responsive applications.
Ever wondered why there are many methods in Python starting with two underscores that
__look_like_this? What’s the difference between a single, and a double underscore before a method name?